Black First Land First (BLF) will take multiple actions against the corruption of Markus Jooste, the former Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the discredited Steinhoff International (Steinhoff). BLF will also take action against all those who helped Jooste in his corrupt activities – from his deputy to the entire Board of Directors and to the auditing firm Deloitte that gave Steinhoff a clean audit thus clearing them of the corruption which in turn has cost government over R12 billion. This is the biggest scandal of the year.
BLF has already sent a letter this morning to the Minister of Finance, Malusi Gigaba, to amongst other things:
1. Probe probable contraventions of the provisions of finance regulations by the South African Revenue Services (SARS), PIC, auditors, chartered accountants and directors.
2. Report the auditing firm Deloitte to the Independent Regulatory Board for Auditors (IRBA).
3. Report all the directors of the board to the Institute of Directors (IoD) with a view to having the directors declared unfit to be directors.
4. Make public all the beneficiaries of the PIC money including asset management companies and the extent of the exposure
5. Suspend Steinhoff’s entire Board of Directors, including its newly appointed interim executive chairperson Christo Wiese, and its executive advisor Pieter Erasmus.
6. Report the matter to the Financial Services Board (FSB)
7. Do all that is necessary to bring to book Pravin Gordhan and Mcebisi Jonas for their role in the loss of over R12 billion in pension benefits.
BLF has also written to the Standing Commitee on Finance to convene an urgent hearing on the Steinhoff corruption saga. We are talking over R12 billion here!
BLF will also open a criminal case on Tuesday against the culprits based on a sworn affidavit. Jooste and his accomplices must account. An important thread running through the Steinhoff corruption is the role of former Minister of Finance Pravin Gordhan and his deputy Mcebisi Jonas. BLF is demanding transparency on how the two gave government funds to their friend Jayendra Naidoo. Gordhan and Jonas must be held responsible for the loss of over R12 billion of state funds and must pay part of the money back themselves.
BLF will also report the Steinhoff corruption to the Office of the Public Protector. We note how the white owned media has avoided putting the scandal of the more than R12 billion corruption by white monopoly capital on the front pages. We must take action because organisations like the Organisation Undoing Tax Abuse (OUTA), Save South Africa (Save SA); Corruption Watch and opposition parties in particular the Democratic Alliance (DA) and the Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF) who are agents of white monopoly are always covering up white corruption.
BLF won’t rest until justice is done!
Issued by the National Coordinating Committee of Black First Land First (BLF NCC)
11 December 2017
Black First Land First Email: [email protected]
Facebook: Black First Land First
Cell: +27 79 915 2957
(Deputy National Spokesperson)
Cell: +27 82 216 7664